Updated on 9th May 2018
Payments for School Lessons
- Invoices are sent at the start of every half term only and are due for payment by the third lesson by cheque or bank transfer.
- There are 6 half term invoices per school year.
- Lessons may be put on hold if payments are not received within one half term. You will be contacted to inform you of this should non payment reach an unreasonable length, with at least 1 week’s warning before lessons are put on hold.
- Any further information will be available on each invoice sent.
Payments for Non-School Lessons
- Non-School lessons payments are payable weekly.
- If you forget to bring/send money for 1 week, you may pay on the following lesson in addition to the usual fee for that lesson (for a maximum of 1 week’s worth).
Cancellation and Refunds Policy
- Refunds will be made if parents let me know in advance that a pupil will miss their lesson (eg taking the day off for holiday or illness, or school trip). This then gives me chance to rearrange my schedule. In addition, if a pupil has to go home from school in the day due to illness and misses a lesson, I will always refund this, as there is nothing the parent could have done.
- Please email or text Theo at the earliest possible time if you know a lesson will be missed, and at least before school starts. I will unlikely to be able to answer phone calls but you can leave a voicemail. (My contact details are given at the bottom of very invoice, in the Cancellation and Refunds Policy.)
- Please also let me know if the lesson will be missed due to a school trip as I won’t always be informed about them by the schools. For any lessons that I miss myself for any reason (eg illness), I will always refund this on the next invoice.
Free Taster Session
You may request a free taster session before starting lessons with Theo. This is only available in schools where there is space to take on new pupils and this is on a first come first served basis.
Availability and Eligibility
When there is no availability in a school where I give lessons, there will be a waiting list. You can sign up for the waiting list by completing a registration form. Please ask your school for a registration form for Theo’s lessons.
Sometimes a student is not old enough or developed enough to start music lessons. After trying a lesson or taster session, it will be at the discretion of the teacher (Theo), whether or not to continue the lessons. This will be assessed on the ability to follow instructions, the ability to carry out instructions and the ability to sufficiently concentrate in order to do those things. If at any point one of these changes (e.g. behaviour or lack of progress), Theo will be in contact to discuss the situation.
Lessons in schools will be in school during the school day, which may also include breakfast club or after school club times. Lesson times in schools are never exactly the same due to the nature of the changing activities of primary schools. Lessons will be weekly unless notified otherwise by email (e.g. if there is a week where there is not a lesson), or if it is cancelled for any reason (e.g. due to weather or a school trip).
Lesson times for non-school lessons will be during term time of the schools. Lessons will not take place in the holidays, unless arranged otherwise. Selected days in the summer holidays may be available for lessons.
Non-School Lesson times will be weekly at the same time during term time unless cancelled or rearranged.
Students will be required to practice in order to progress. The minimum practice is 3 times per week for the length of their age in minutes (e.g. 3 x 10 min sessions per week for a 10 year old). This is a minimum guide so any more is very welcome and will be beneficial to progress. If students consistently do not practice, then progress will be very slow or non existent. If this happens for too long then Theo reserves the right to get in contact to discuss this and potentially stop the lessons if it cannot be improved.
These are available on a very limited basis during term time. Lessons will never be recorded. A parent/guardian must be present at all times during the lessons if teaching to anyone under 18.